Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stomach, Meeting, Shopping, Wedding, Buddy

Aaand, morning again.  I have my advisor meeting in three hours and a few things I have to do beforehand so can't make this long, gotta get my butt to campus, but thought I'd organize my thoughts real quick.

Yesterday went mediocre work-wise.  Had a stomach ache most of last night (might've been the second cup of coffee that day, tried to stay up late to work).  I was woken up in the middle of the night by the pain too, and it still feels funny now.  I have one packet of some Japanese stomach med left that my mom had given me - wanted to save it for an emergency but this might be the time.  Eating is a little harder now because it seems the stomach is now upset by a lot of things.  Gotta figure out breakfast/lunch...

Not too much planned after the meeting today though so I might take a break then and go do something fun / relaxing (thinking second-hand store shopping).  Maybe pick up lunch somewhere.  I'll see.

In other news, it was just determined that my friend John can make it (as my date) for our mutual high-school friend's wedding reception, a girl neither of us has seen in 15 years (crazy).  It's the day after I get back from Ithaca, so it's nice to have that to look forward to (the enjoyment of which will largely be owed to John going with me - I'm so glad he was able to make it since it's one of those scenes I'd otherwise feel bad for not attending but would feel uncomfortable and awkward at by myself the whole time with lots of people asking what I've been doing with my life, etc. (this is the largely-doctors group of acquaintances).  John's my good old buddy who also happens to be a vegan and a graphic designer so a good ally indeed :) (although of course I'm just happy to see him).

No comments:

Post a Comment